So upon attempting to remove songs from my IPhone, I realized how much things have changed since I’ve made a good dent in my thirties and am now looking at 40 through my sideview mirror “objects closer than they may appear”. I’m found myself “fiddling” with the “do hickey” that connects my phone to the computer, clicking this shit and that shit, disconnecting, only to find the songs still on there. So back I go with the blasted “stubby prong thingy” that won’t go in to the little “prongy hole thingy”- I’m sweating at this point. Many curse words and grunts and sighs later it worked! Normally I get my younger wife to take care of “my music”. I’ve found myself also struggling with things like, getting groceries, so much to look at, do little money. I used to spend hours doing my hair and make up, trying to look perfect, never leaving the house without it, now… It’s a ponytail, gym pants and no amount of make up can hide how tired I am or the “wisdom lines” I see lining my once youthful eyes. When I used to get excited for a night out with friends and having drinks and seeing bands.. Now, I get excited for a night in, no company, a hot cup of tea and listening to old vinyl in my house slippers.. When I was young I toyed with a variety of haircolors from bright red, bleach blonde, jet black and purple.. Now, I just wanna cover the greys. My favorite foods were filled with excitement and adventure. Mexican, Indian, Vietnamese, Thai, Jamaican.. mmm If I didn’t have to wash my face & change my shirt afterwards, it wasn’t eating.. Now.. let’s just say I could shut down an entire public washroom if I were to attempt that now.. I crave fresh salads and fruits, clean water & gingerale. I can’t work electronics anymore. I find myself lingering in the “pain reliever & ointment aisles” at the store. I find myself giving teenagers the “stink eye” and humming and hawing at infants on public transportation.. I’ve developed a thirst for crosswords, documentaries, the CBC and bacon. The other day I asked my wife if we could get marmelade.. I have tattoos! I once had my lip, tongue and belly button pierced.. People used to say I was “hot” although as I struggle to remove the corner of my drawers from beneath my right buttock, then scratch while I’m there because, “hey, when in Rome.” lol I find this highly amusing. I don’t know but the older I get, not only am I getting “fuddy-duddy-er”, I think I’m also turning in to an old man.. That is all for now, I’m off to sit on my deck and keep an eye on all the young whipper snapper shifty (this I am sure) neighbors.. Live Humbly, Be Gracious, Be Charitable..
- Blazing fireball in the sky!! RUN FOR COVER!! ... Hang on.. oh. It's the SUN! Hello b'ye! Well holy shitballs, it's… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @APainPrincess: “A good day doesn’t mean my symptoms have gone… I am still in #pain. I am still exhausted. I am just better able to func… 1 day ago
- RT @APainPrincess: “The problem with so many people who live in my world of #chronicillness is that we never fake being ill—but we’re maste… 1 day ago
- Hey @YouTube @TeamYouTube WHY DEMONETIZE @SecureTeam10 ?? U R ruining all the best channels. Seems like you're tryi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Legal #cannabis edibles coming 2 #Canada soon. With their #THC caps, they will be useless 4 medical users.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago