Firstly, I would love to thank my fellow blog comrade “Smashing Thru Life” who has so graciously nominated for the Liebster award, which is a recognition given to small bloggers by other small bloggers (max 200 followers), and the rule for the awards are:
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Again, thank you Smashing Thru Life
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag backs meaning you can’t just re nominate the person who nominated you.
The real purpose behind these nominations are not only as an accolade from a fellow blogger and let’s face it, nothing gently strokes our little writer hearts more than someone telling you they appreciate your work. I even shared a celebratory drink with my dogs, don’t worry, I drank their share, it was purely for ceremonial purposes only. So were the hats I made them wear.. In addition to the back patting we need to receive from time to time, it also allows us to get a little more personal as we get to know our increasing blogging community. It also helps drive traffic to your side as we reference one another. Solidarity- to the end friends.
The questions put forth to me by my ever so gracious and comedic nominator are as follows:
1. How do you take your eggs? Well, I just LOVE eggs! Natures little poopy miracle. I take them in a variety of fashions in order to mix it up or, keep it real if you prefer. My fave is over easy, but only if I have toast and bacon to dip it on. No bacon, then make them scrambled. No toast, that calls for hard boiled. I also must use a pinch of salt and approx 7 cracks of pepper per egg. My wife says I am kind of a pain, I say, I know what I like.
2. What is the best concert you ever went to? Easy. The White Stripes! I am in love with Jack White and all that he does musically; we also share a birthday so it was not only my birthday when I saw him but his as well. I was close enough to see the sweat bead on his forehead… Musical genius.
3. What’s hiding under your bed right now? I am afraid to look actually. I can tell you there are at least one stereo amp, and a dog pen possibly a box of paraphernalia of the herbal variety (Shhh) and I cannot quite be sure but possibly the girl from the Ring…
4. Worst book you ever read, maybe you couldn’t even finish it. What was it? I am a huge Stephen King Fan and usually very excitedly await his next published novel, so naturally when Lisey’s Story came out, I got it. I gave it A LOT of opportunities because, it’s the King! He’s always brilliant. Not this time though, not this time. I gave up ¾ of the way through out of boredom and actually gave the book away to someone who told me they felt the same so.. Oh well, lesson learned; Even Stephen King writes crap from time to time.
5. How do you like your pizza topped? I prefer my pizza topped with just veggies on a gluten free crust with no cheese. I’m allergic to all that shit so… I choose life. Lol
6. What’s the most outrageous thing you’ve ever eaten? Flipper pie. I lived in St. John’s Newfoundland for close to 2 years and an ex (I refer to him as fucknut wanker) actually convinced me to taste seal flipper pie. It’s like a meat pie without the meat; instead you’re eating grisly fish hands… I couldn’t get past it, I mean, there must be all these seals out there that are now incapable of waving. Not for me, thanks.
7. What is the most played song on your iPod? Currently, it’s a tossup between The Stone Coyotes’ Trouble down in Texas or Foxy Shazam’s Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll. I enjoy a wide variety of music, focusing on rhythm, lyrics or vocals. Sometime’s I’m a little rock and roll; sometimes I’m blues and country.
8. Would you or do you go to the movies alone? I would, maybe then I could enjoy it in peace! Not to mention not having to share my concession stand treats.
9. When was the last time you got so drunk you couldn’t remember anything the next morning? Never. Although I do drink, have for many years, I have never forgotten anything or blacked out. I am always fully in control when I drink and cut it off before it gets out of hand.
10. Something that makes you smile, every single time you think of it. What is it? My 2 dogs. I have 2 miniature dachshunds that are just the loves of my life. One is a long wirehair and one is a smooth. Boy and girl, they always make me smile and laugh out loud.
11. What is the bravest thing you’ve ever done? I partook in a silly Coyote Ugly contest one night after work with the girls. We all danced our sexy drunk asses off on top of the bar. It was so much fun and we laughed so hard. That was with my friend Erika. A lady in her fifties won!
The 11 Blogs I wish to Nominate for the Liebster Award are as follows:
Cosmic Loti http://jasbaku.com/
My Life in Color http://strawberryindigo.wordpress.com/
Knite Writes http://knitewrites.wordpress.com/
An Urban Mystique’s Blog http://urbanmysticblog.wordpress.com/
My journey thru M.E. http://myjourneythrume.wordpress.com/
Rambles, writing and amusing musings http://solothefirst.wordpress.com/
Ginger Notes http://nurseginger.wordpress.com/
Mikey’s Gab Journal~! http://mikeysgabjournal.wordpress.com/
The Golden Vanguard http://thegoldenvanguard.ca/
Here are my questions to you fine bloggers:
- What’s the last thing you watched on Netflix?
- As soon as you have free time what’s always the first thing you want to do?
- Do you prefer to sleep in or get up early?
- What do YOU think of Tom Cruise’s acting skills?
- What’s your favorite summer beverage and why?
- There’s a zombie apocalypse, only people with valuable skills are allowed to join groups, quick! What are your skills?
- What subject did you perform the absolute worst in during school and why?
- A fat greasy Joe says he’s a genie and he’s pretty convincing so you believe him. 3 wishes, (not allowed to ask for money or more wishes)
- Approximately how much time of your days is spent in sweats, pj’s or other popular leisure wear? I just want to make sure I’m not going overboard.
- It’s the last night on earth and you’re being forced to have sex with:
MEN: Cloris Leachman with Rebecca Romijn’s body OR Rebecca Romijn’s head on Cloris Leachman’s body?
WOMEN: Donald Trump (no promise of marriage or wealth) or Donald Rumsfeld (no promise he can become.. well, you know..) ?
11. Star Wars or Star Trek?
This concludes my acceptance of the appreciated Liebster Award. Congratulations nominees and good luck to you! Xx
Live Humbly, Be Charitable, Live Graciously,